Woman mistakes dynamite for candle during power outage, suffers severe injuries

Lindley Street in Bridgeport Conn. prompting the family to search for candles in the basement

WABCPower went out on Lindley Street in Bridgeport Conn. prompting the family to search for candles in the basement

The dynamite went off in the woman's hand, causing her to lose several of her fingers.

A woman in CT blew her fingers off after mistaking a stick of dynamite for a candle, ABC New York station WABC reported. Home Depot was closed.

The family then remembered that there was a box of what they believed to be candles in the basement that had been left by the previous resident, fire officials said.

The woman, a mother of two children, was taken to the hospital for treatment after her family called 911.

She also suffered serious injuries to her face, and was taken to Bridgeport Hospital.

No sweat! Djokovic admits 2018 US Open toughest mission
The policy is a rule on the women's tour, but not the men's. "This is a good sign for Millman that he's got him breathing heavy". The break proved less useful in week one to players toiling on outside courts - far away from the sanctuary of a locker room.

A CT woman may have been channeling Warner Bros. cartoons when she mistook a stick of dynamite for a candle.

Neither her two children nor her husband were hurt.

State police, the state fire marshal, the state police bomb squad, Bridgeport police officers, Bridgeport firefighters, and the staff from the city fire marshal's office responded to the situation, reports NBC Connecticut. Police later detonated and disposed of it.

Authorities say no charges will be pressed because the family says they had no knowledge the illegal explosives were in their home. It's against the law to have dynamite or fireworks in CT, but police aren't pressing charges. "She attempted to light one of what she thought was a candle and turned out to be a quarter stick of dynamite".

Police are calling this a "tragic accident", and remind people if you find something in your house that looks explosive, and you don't know what it is, to contact your local fire department.

Latest News