Megyn Kelly’s Show on NBC Is Cancelled After Host’s Controversial Blackface Comments

Megyn Kelly’s morning show is reportedly over because of her blackface comment. More

Megyn Kelly’s morning show is reportedly over because of her blackface comment. More

And on Wednesday morning, within hours of Kelly's tearful apology, her colleagues shamed her on The Today Show.

"Megyn Kelly Today is not returning", an NBC News spokesperson said.

Adding to the support was Fox News" meteorologist Janice Dean also weighed in on Twitter, writing: "My friend Megyn Kelly is not a racist. "Next week, the 9am hour will be hosted by other Today co-anchors".

Fox News hasn't expressed any interest in taking Kelly back now that NBC is negotiating her exit.

According to reports from Variety and CNN earlier this week, talks about canceling Kelly's show have been in the works for some time.

Farrow famously exited NBC News when the division declined to broadcast his report about women's claims against Hollywood mega-producer Harvey Weinstein, claiming it was not ready for broadcast. In an earlier statement, NBC said, "Given the circumstances "Megyn Kelly Today' will be on tape the rest of the week".

Virat Kohli becomes fastest cricketer to score 10k ODI runs
By virtue of his 37th century, he also registered the record of most number of centuries against the Windies . Ricky Ponting, Jacques Kallis and Brian Lara are the only players from non-Asian sides.

Kelly offered an apology to her colleagues as well as an emotional one on-air the next day.

Rumors of a possible return to Fox News were firmly shot down by an informed and high-level source at her former network on Friday, who told DailyMail.com that Kelly 'is not coming back to any of the Fox News platforms'.

They say the costumes with fringe and makeshift headdresses are the equivalent of blackface.

At issue, according to The Hollywood Reporter: the payout of the remainder of her multi-million-dollar contract, and the length of her non-compete clause, which will determine where she could go next. While she is out at NBC, she will reportedly still be paid her full $69 million contract that she would have received over three years. Because truly you do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface at Halloween or a black person who puts on whiteface for Halloween.

Then on February 1, 2017, NBC made the abrupt announcement: Hall left the network the day before, on the day her contract was up. On Tuesday, she defended Real Housewives of NY star Luann de Lesseps' Diana Ross Halloween costume, saying, "Who doesn't love Diana Ross?".

Other sources said that the Friday talks wound up being over-the-phone. She seemed to find her footing, though, by focusing episodes on victims of sexual harassment as those stories came to the forefront.

Latest News