Rapper Mac Miller died of drug overdose: coroner

Rapper Mac Miller died of accidental overdose of fentanyl cocaine and alcohol

Coroner's officials said Monday that Mac Miller died of an accidental overdose of fentanyl cocaine and alcohol

The coroner ruled the death an accident. According to the office's report, he died from "mixed drug toxicity".

Mac Miller's official cause of death has been revealed.

Miller's assistant arrived at the rapper's home that morning and discovered him unresponsive and kneeling beside his bed in a "praying position", the report stated.

Pittsburgh rapper Mac Miller lost his life over the summer as a result of an accidental overdose.

Fentanyl is a powerful opioid pain medication and is much stronger than heroin. Prince died in 2016 when he took counterfeit pills laced with fentanyl that looked like a generic version of the painkiller Vicodin.

Voters can still apply for absentee ballots at clerk's office today
And in the 2012 presidential election, 387,350 Tarrant County voters cast early ballots in person, election records show. Central College political scientist Andrew Green says that's despite a smaller window for early voting this election.

Earlier this year, following his split from singer Ariana Grande, Miller, whose given name was Malcolm McCormick, was arrested for DUI and hit-and-run. This includes a mix of fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol.

Police found a rolled-up $20 bill with white powdery residue in Miller's right pocket and an iPad in his home studio had "linear white powdery residue" on it. He said the rapper had "several recent 'slips, '" the most recent being on September 4.

Reportedly, Mac was in "good spirits" in the lead up to the 7th of September, and had many projects that he was looking forward to working on.

Miller's death came just months after he split from Ariana Grande and weeks after he was charged with a DUI.

Miller's family and friends paid tribute to the musician with a concert last week at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles.

Latest News