Exploding e-cigarette kills man by slicing artery

Man 24 dies after exploding e-cigarette causes 'penetrating trauma' in his neck

William Brown died just three weeks shy of his 25th birthday

The medical examiner ruled William Brown's cause of death as penetrating trauma from an exploding vaporiser pen.

Brown, a resident of Fort Worth, had reportedly just bought the device and was using it for the first time in his grandmother's auto, The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported.

'It just all seems so unreal.

"That three-piece thing went into his throat and stayed there, and that's what they should have taken out as soon as he went to the hospital, and they made a decision to wait until Monday or Tuesday", said Brown. Brown was admitted into the hospital for two days before he was declared dead on 29 January 2019, two days after the fatal explosion.

It is reportedly the second fatality in the USA from an exploding e-cigarette.

A staff member at the vape store has since refuted claims that William Brown ever purchasing the device from the shop, according to Dallas News.

Brown is not the first person to have his death attributed to a vape explosion.

Malfunctioning e-cigarette batteries have caused hundreds to thousands of similar injuries, United States reports say.

Kristaps Porzingis: Everybody has welcomed me with open arms
Guards Tim Hardaway Jr . and Trey Burke , who were also acquired in the Porzingis trade, took part in Monday's practice as well. What's Kristaps Porzingis up to? Porzingis has averaged 17.8 points and 7.1 rebounds over 186 career appearances.

A shop representative told KTVT that Brown entered and asked for help using a "Mechanical Mod" style vape pen, a brand the store said it refuses to sell as it is known to have technical issues.

"He popped it and it exploded, and that's when it shot across his mouth", Alice Brown told WFAA. None of those injuries resulted in death, according to the report. Tallmadge D'Elia died in May from the incident and suffered burns on 80 percent of his body.

But he was never operated on, KTVT reported. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, defective e-cigarette batteries have caused fires and explosions.

A U.S. man has died after an electronic cigarette exploded in his face.

She told local news that she had to go through her auto, which was covered in her grandson's blood, to find the missing pieces of the destroyed pen.

A man here died after an e-cigarette he was using exploded in his face. A piece of the e-cigarette was found in his throat and he was put into a medically-induced coma.

The Food and Drug Administration haswarned about the dangers of exploding e-cigarettes.

Latest News