Turkey urges Saudi Arabia to name suspects on trial for Khashoggi's murder

Saudi Human Rights official: Brought perpetrators of Khashoggi murder to justice

Saudi rights official dismisses Khashoggi inquiry as foreign interference

The red notices were issued on 1 March at the request of the Istanbul Prosecutor's Office, the Turkish media specified.

Previously, Saudi officials have said 11 people have been indicted in relation to the Khashoggi murder and that five suspects will face the death penalty.

Geneva - The head of the Saudi human rights commission said on Thursday that the kingdom had brought perpetrators of the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi to justice and rejected any worldwide role in the probe.

The accused in the killing of Khashoggi at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul in October a year ago have so far attended three court hearings along with their lawyers, Al-Aiban told the Council.

Three dozen countries, including Turkey, called on Saudi Arabia last week to cooperate with a United Nations -led investigation into the murder of Khashoggi, a Washington Post columnist and critic of the kingdom's rulership.

Aiban said that there had so far been three hearings, and that the accused and their lawyers had been present. He gave no names or other details, however, as the suspects' identities have not yet been made public.

Lori Loughlin's Daughter Olivia Jade Loses Sephora Deal Amid Scandal
As Nicki Swift previously reported, Olivia and her parents have since been slammed on social media over the matter. Loughlin and Giannulli both face federal fraud charges in US District Court in Boston.

The kingdom, he said, will not accept calls to "internationalize" the legal proceedings, which would be perceived as foreign interference with domestic affairs.

Al-Aiban described the murder as an "unfortunate accident". "We find it hard to understand why an official working in the area of human rights would possibly be unsettled by efforts to shed light on all aspects of the Khashoggi murder", the Turkish presidency said.

Mr al Aiban's comments formed part of the Saudi response during the UN's periodic review in Geneva, where countries offer recommendations to others to improve their human rights record.

The news came as Turkey slammed attempts by Saudi Arabia to shut down an global investigation into the journalist's killing.

The Saudi government has rejected key recommendations on critically important human rights problems, including the immediate release of all human rights defenders arbitrarily detained.

The Saudi government has denied any involvement by the crown prince.

Latest News